Want to live in a bigger home without the upheaval of moving?
Then why not employ a professional builder to extend on to your existing property and you will not only have additional space but will also increase the value.
By extending you can create additional living space such as a family room, home office. dining room, playroom, utility room or den.
A house extension needs careful planning from deciding your budget to employing tradesman and ensuring all planning permission and building regulations are in place and adhered too.
At London Property Services we work closely with your architect and the building inspectors to ensure all aspects of the work are carried out in accordance to the specifications and guidelines.
There are different types of extension to consider:
Single storey (side to rear)
Wrap around (L shaped side and rear)
The work required for a single storey extension:
· Dig foundations
· Fill foundations with concrete
· Set out dimensions of extension using architects approved plans
· Build footings
· Lay pipe work and drainage
· Lay bricks to damp proof level & further drainage installed
· Sand base and damp course laid
· Concrete poured to create base
· Blockwork or bricks laid along with the installation, lintels, door and wind frames.
· Roof rafters cut and fitted and membrane, tiles etc added
· Windows and doors fitted
· Break through into the original property, connect extension and make watertight
· Screed floors
· Inside carpentry, plumbing, electric work etc carried out
· Board and plaster walls
· Electric and plumbing work completed
· Outside walls rendered and painted
· Guttering and downpipes fitted
You may decide that you would like to extend above an already single storey extension or garage, however if the current building is unable to support the load then existing foundations may need to be underpinned or bypassed with the use of a steel frame embedded into new concrete footings. In some cases it is actually easier and cheaper to remove the original extension and start afresh.
We will discuss your project with you throughout the whole process and keep you informed every step of the way to achieve the extension you dream of.
With £2m public liability insurance you know you are in safe hands and have that peace of mind.
Please call for free, friendly and impartial advice and a non-obligatory quotation.
07581 357803 / 0208 054 5007
London Property Services